Friday, May 8, 2015

Day 93 - Sunnier

My general disposition was much sunnier today than it was yesterday.  The weather today was also much sunnier, and I am sure there is a connection.  I think that the lift in my spirits is mainly attributable to a pretty good night's sleep for the first time in a while.  I know that I woke up a few times, but I barely remember doing so and was able to fall back asleep very quickly.  Sleep makes such a difference.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate cancer and always will, but my mood is a bit lighter.

I had lunch with a friend from high school today, and that was so much fun.  We had some laughs and talked about the good old days and did a recap of mutual friends - who is doing what and how is everyone doing?  It was very fun to see her, and it was nice to get out for a little while.

I also got a card from my dentist's office that had a personal note from each member of the staff there.  So nice.  Despite all of my dental anxiety, I do really like all of the people there.  I also had a good conversation with our dog groomer.  She is very sweet and expressed a lot of concern about me.  There are so many people out there who are rooting for me, and I find that to be so comforting.

I also find it comforting that our dog has a fresh trim and will not be shedding clumps of hair all over the house.  When her hair gets long, she sheds so badly. I am sure that she also sheds when her hair is short, but it is harder to see.

It was a very very low-key evening in our house. Most are these days, and I am ok with less excitement vs. more at this point. We've had quite a bit of excitement lately.  I am looking forward to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment