Friday, May 29, 2015

Day 114 - Work Friend

In each job that I have had in my career thus far, I've always had at least one work friend. Someone with whom I have really bonded and someone who kept/keeps me sane.  Without fail, that particular work friend became a friend friend when one of us left the company.

My PCIA work friend's last day was today, and I will miss her so much.  We've kept each other mostly sane during the years, and have shared so many laughs and fun times.  It will not be the same there without her.   I know that we will drop the word "work" from our friendship, but I will miss our daily interactions very much.

I cried when she called me to say goodbye (but not really goodbye) this afternoon, and I think that a majority of those tears come from how profoundly grateful I am to her for the way that she was there for me on Day 1.  Don't get me wrong, everyone was there for me on Day 1, but she was the first person to give me the biggest hug as I entered into this scary new world. I'll never forget that moment and she will never really know how much of an impact it had on me.

Our office closed at 3 today and will each Friday this summer so I dried my tears and headed out to pick Henry up a bit early.  Last summer, we went to the pool on Friday afternoons, and we will do so again as soon as his cast is off.  

I am looking forward to the weekend, but the nerves are starting to kick up in anticipation of chemo next week.  I get a little bit anxious before each treatment because I don't want to feel badly for several days after, and I always fear new side effects.  I am fortunate in that I only have 2 more treatments to go so I can deal with the nerves a few more times.


No comments:

Post a Comment