Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 88 - Firetrucks

There is a small museum in town called the North Charleston Fire Museum.  It is clean, rarely crowded, educational, fun, and affordable. The museum has antique fire trucks, a fire truck simulator, a fire pole and slide for kids, and several educational movies and programs. I like taking Henry there, and he likes going.  We went for a little while this afternoon, and I noticed that he is paying more attention to the fire safety message that the museum conveys.  It's interesting to see how his awareness develops.

We also ran a few errands while we were near the museum.  I had to return a dress and took a look for a few more things.  Let me tell you, there is nothing more relaxing that clothes shopping with an almost 4-year old.  He was pretty well-behaved, all things considered, but I found myself moving fast and hoping for the best.

I have not been sleeping all that well. I go to bed either chilly or comfortable but wake up sweating several times during the night.  I wish that I could control it, but I can't.  The night sweats are, no doubt, a result of my medically-induced menopause, and they are so uncomfortable. Part of my shopping trip today was for some very light-weight pajamas...maybe that will help.

Henry and I took Ben to the airport this morning, and it was hard for me to say goodbye to him. We had a great visit, and I hope that he will come back sometime over the summer.

I also went for a 5-mile bike ride today.  I know that 5 miles on a bike is not all that impressive, but it was challenging for me.  My stamina is just not what it one was, and I will have to work on building it back up.  It was nice to get out for a little while.

Despite being somewhat tired, I had a good day today. It was a nice long weekend, and I am glad that I got to spend it with those who are very special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment