Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Day 112 - Orange is the New Cast

Henry got a new cast today and chose orange for this round.  The swelling around his elbow has gone down considerably, but the doctor is still not convinced that he has an actual break. He's treating it as though he does to be on the safe side though which I appreciate.  He goes back for a follow up appointment on June 10 so we'll see where we go from there.

I was able to have my tooth, or lack thereof, looked at at 2:30 today.  Old tooth #14 and I go way back.  It has had a crown, followed by two root canals.  The first root canal happened when we lived in DC, and you can probably imagine my surprise when that tooth started hurting years later after we moved to Charleston.  It should not have hurt at all because there was nothing there, in theory.  Turns out that I have 4 roots in that tooth, and one is hard to see on x-rays.  The first dentist missed it so a new doctor here went ahead and re-root canaled all roots in that tooth.  Pretty awesome (sarcasm).  The crown has been drilled through twice, once for each root canal, and I am impressed that it has held on for as long as it has.  It's twin, tooth #7, has experience similar issues but has only had 1 root canal, thank goodness.

My dentist cemented the crown on again, and this dentist was more thorough than the last.  I saw the other dentist in the practice last time I was there.  The crown felt better today than it did after having it put back on last week so I hope that it will stay put this this time.  

Mike and I were in stitches over my missing tooth last night and today. He joked about how he walked in from the back porch, and I was just standing over the sink rinsing off my tooth that had just fallen off. There is something funny about that. We also laughed as I departed for the dentist with my tooth in my purse today.

Charleston was a disaster traffic-wise yesterday so my monthly young survivors dinner was cancelled last night and rescheduled for next Tuesday.  I won't be able to go next week due to chemo, and I will miss seeing the group.  They are a lot of fun and most certainly understand my current situation.

I continue to feel well and have a lot of energy and am ready for these next two rounds of chemo. I'd like to think that these are the knockout rounds as the previous 6 have been so effective.  Time to finish this tumor off! Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment