Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 99 - Tired

I woke up really tired this morning because I did not sleep well at all last night.  Pain from an injection that I had on Tuesday woke me up almost every time I rolled over last night.  Very unfortunate, but I managed to perk up mid-morning.  The nausea remains present but not debilitating, thankfully, and I have just a few aches and pains from the neulasta so far.  I stuck to a strict anti-nausea medicine schedule and envision an early bedtime tonight.

My thumbnails are also sensitive today, which is exactly what happened last time.  It went away quickly after the last round, and I hope that the same happens this time.  Chemo does the strangest things to the body.

I am drinking so much water that I am afraid that I will float away.  Dehydration is NOT welcome during this round, and I hope that my water-chugging and the fluids that I got yesterday will ward off any issues.  This particular chemo cocktail really does dehydrate though..my mouth and nose are especially parched, and can be uncomfortable at times.

I really enjoyed my therapist appointment this afternoon. She came highly recommended, and I think that she and I will work well together.  She has a lot of experience working with those who have a cancer diagnosis so I did not have to explain a lot of my treatment to her which was very nice.

She had many encouraging things to say that made me feel a bit more normal, and she and I are going to work together on healthy thoughts vs. positive thoughts.  In her mind, positive thoughts can be forced and fake, but healthy thoughts (including some darker ones) are normal and should be part of daily life.  She also cautioned me on getting ahead of myself in thinking too far ahead about life after cancer treatment and suggested that I spend more time focusing on the treatment itself.

I can handle that advice, but the whole reason that I am doing any of this, both the physical and mental treatment, is so that I can have a great life after cancer.   She acknowledged and understood that but also asked me to consider trying to be more present-minded.  I'll work on that.  I have another appointment with her in two weeks and have some homework to do in the meantime.  I think that I will enjoy working with her and rebuilding some of what cancer has taken from me. 

I forced myself to walk around the block after work today.  It was not terribly pleasant, but I am glad that I did it.  I think that it helped my energy level and helped moderate some of the aches and pains.

Big day tomorrow - Day 100.  That happened quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment