Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 105 - Boss

Today was a huge day!  My boss and a member of my team at work came to Charleston to meet with me.  They flew in late last night, and we were able to sit and meet all day today.  We recapped this year's big show and talked about future planning.  It was awesome. I am used to seeing them pretty regularly either in our office in DC or during various other travels, and it had been so long since I had actually seen them.  We talk very very often, of course, but it was great to see them in person.

We took some time for a nice lunch at a really good restaurant downtown and were able to spend some time catching up. It means so very much to me that they took the time to come down and see me. Travel can be time-consuming and usually happens outside of normal business hours so this was a sacrifice for them.  I got to show them a little bit of downtown Charleston, but driving rain and thunderstorms prevented us from doing any walking around which was too bad.  Hopefully they will come back for fun sometime.

Henry enjoyed showing off his cast at school today, and I think that it will be good for him to get back into his normal routine after about a week and a half out. He's got some good friends in his class, and I know that he loved telling them all about his adventures in Virginia and with his new cast.

I've been looking forward to today for a few weeks, and it did not disappoint.  I've got some really great people in my life in all facets, and I continue to be amazed by the lengths that people will go for me. It is a truly humbling experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment