Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 107 - Long Weekend

I love long weekends, and I find myself excited to be at the beginning of one.  It's the official start of summer, and though we probably won't be doing a ton of water-related activities this weekend, we can still celebrate summer.  I ordered a waterproof cast cover for Henry to try out this weekend.  While I don't want him to test it to the point of going swimming, it could allow him to play on the beach a little bit.  This particular cast cover has a pump that creates a vacuum seal around the arm so it should keep out sand and water if it works.  It will be here tomorrow morning (thank you, Amazon Prime) so stay tuned.

I also plan to take Henry to the aquarium this weekend.  They have a brand new shark exhibit that we have not seen so that will be fun.  There are other non-water/non-bounce castle/trampoline things that we can do this weekend if we end up needing more entertainment. Hopefully Henry's days in a cast are relatively short-lived, but we'll make the best of the cast days. 

Long weekends are also a time to sleep in (well Mike and I will take turns sleeping in), eat late breakfasts, spend a lot of time playing, go for long bike rides, and be generally lazy.  I am pretty happy about that.

There are some great things on the horizon at work.  We're jumping in on logistics for the October event in LA, and planning ahead for 2016 and beyond events.  It is always so much fun to think about what can be done at these events...there are really no restrictions when it comes to thinking of new and creative ways to do things.  I love it.  Planning events is very satisfying - you get to see your work come to life as the event takes place, and there is a definite start and stop to each event.  There is something very rewarding about seeing it all come together.

Mike and I kicked off the long weekend by watching the movie This is Where I Leave You.  It was so funny.  Highly inappropriate but so funny...I recommend it.

Happy long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment