Friday, April 3, 2015

Day 58 - Dome

After we went out to dinner last night, we made a quick stop at the grocery store for a few essentials. When we were driving there, I asked Mike if he would be embarrassed if I went into the store without the scarf on my head that I had been wearing all night.  It was giving me a headache.  Of course he said that he would not be (and I knew that he would say that..just needed some reassurance) so in I went with my bald dome on full display.  It was, again, very uneventful, and I am glad that I did it.  I was not uncomfortable doing so, and that was the most important thing.  I mean, we've all seen a bald head before, more often on a man than woman, but it's not terribly uncommon.

There's no real point in that story other than to say that I am embracing this part of my journey more than I thought I would.

My throat is about 90% better, thank goodness, and I am feeling great.  The fact that I feel so much better toward the end of each chemo cycle really does help me mentally get prepared for the next round. I know that I will eventually feel better no matter what side effects are thrown my way.  It helps so much.  I am also interested to see what the old tape measure says next week.  The tumor has gotten so small that I bet that I will not be able to feel it after the next round or two.  Go away!!

Henry and I walked the dog after work tonight, and that is always an adventure. He likes to hold the leash so the poor dog is always confused by his zigging and zagging and stopping and going.  She's a trooper, though, and is just happy to have the walks and attention.  It was a gorgeous day here and I enjoyed the fresh air and light exercise.

My work event is in 3 weeks so things have been nutty at work.  We're in great shape, and next week will really be a big logistical wrap up week.  I am looking forward to hearing about how it all comes together and hope that I don't annoy people too much by asking for updates while they are there.

I am looking forward to the weekend and to spending some time with my boys, my mom and Glen.

No comments:

Post a Comment