Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 75 - Sensitive

I was SO sensitive all day today...goodness. I hate when I get like that, but it just happens sometimes.  Again, I believe that it stems from me being nervous about tomorrow, and those nerves are manifesting themselves as me being super sensitive.  I was on the verge of tears several times over totally random things.  I almost violated my "no crying at work rule" when talking to my boss about my upcoming event.  He sensed it and made the perfect joke to snap me out of it. Thank goodness....that rule should not be broken.

Mike also gave me a few good pep talks today, and we both agree that it is unlikely that the new chemo will be worse than the old.  KNOCKING ON WOOD.  Universe, please don't give me a hard time for saying that.  Puh-lease.

Today absolutely flew by.  Pre-event weeks are like living in a time warp..it just goes so fast.

I made it to the gym for an 8pm class tonight.  I like to go to the gym on the nights before chemo treatments because it really helps me get my head on straight and work though some of my nerves and fears.  Get those endorphins pumping. I cried some on the way home from nerves and frustration.  I was just not able to work as hard at the gym as I once did, which makes complete sense.  It got to me tonight though. Notice a theme..everything got to me today.

I have a "cancer coach" through the hospital, and I called her today to wish her a happy 5-year anniversary.  She is officially 5 years TNBC-free, which is a very big deal.  After 5 years, the TNBC recurrence rate drops drastically, and one's chance of recurrence matches the general non-breast cancer population.  A big deal.

Today was school picture day for Henry, and we sent him to school in a shirt that says "A is for Awesome" with a camo pattern.  Whoops.  Those pictures are always so bad, but we may have to buy one to commemorate the year that mom and dad forgot about school pictures.  Can't wait to see the pictures.

I am going to pop a few 'roids (have to pre-chemo for this round) and head off to bed...kind of have a feeling that it will not be a terribly restful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment