Saturday, April 25, 2015

Day 80 - Movies

Henry and I had a great movie date today.  The weather here was pretty suspect all day so we stuck to the indoors and went to see Home.  It was slightly strange and pretty cute.  Henry loved it, and I loved that he loved it.  He and I shared a popcorn, some waters and a lot of laughs during the movie.  It was a fun way to spend the afternoon.

We followed our movie outing with a trip to the grocery store, and those two activities took most of the energy that I had.  I am so glad that I got to have some quality time with my little man.  At one point during the day today, it hit me that I would have never managed a solo trip to the movies and grocery store with Henry the weekend after my AC chemo, but I didn't think twice about doing such today.  Very encouraging. 

I don't want to upset the universe here, but I just may have two weeks of feeling well ahead of me.  Wouldn't that be so nice.  I still don't have a ton of energy, but it seems to be coming back a little bit.  I am a little bit worried about the fate of my fingernails.  One potential side effect of taxol is weakening, discoloration, or even losing nails.  My nails feel a little strange when I type.  I am going to keep them short and hope for the best. 

Thankfully, I have not had any more dizziness and have not floated away from all of the water that I am consuming.  I am trying to ward off any future dehydration issues.

I did a little bit of event-related work while Mike and Henry did a few quick errands this afternoon. Henry has been really into puzzles lately so he and Mike went out to get a new one.  Mike actually likes puzzles too so they can work on the new one together.  I am not the biggest fan of things like puzzles and board games so let the guys share those bonding moments. 

Someone in my TNBC Facebook group asked the group if they thought that stress contributed to their cancer.  So many people respond with a resounding yes, but I was an outlier.  I think that cancer is mainly attributed to crap luck.  My life was not insanely stressful when I was diagnosed, and I was on the healthier side of the scale.  Sure, there are decisions that one can make that can increase the likelihood of cancer, but I think that it is mostly just a random biological fluke.

Today was a great day.  Perfect balance of relaxation and fun.  I am so grateful that I am feeling well and was able to fully enjoy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment