Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 67 - A Dream

It's rare that I remember my dreams though I know that I dream vividly.  I will often wake up and remember snippets of dreams, and those brief memories fade quickly. A part of last night's dream is lodged in my mind though.  I dreamt that a doctor, in the distant future, told me that the results of my CT scan were clear. It's quite a dream, and one that I will keep with me for a very long time, much like the image of my rainbow.

I've had a few other dreams that have been realized. The night before we went in for an ultrasound to find out if we were having a boy or a girl, I dreamed that I was with a little boy at a football game.  That day, we learned that we were expecting a little boy.  Funny how certain dreams stand out when memories of most of them are very fleeting.

I am not going to go so far as to say that dreams can predict the future, but I do believe that there is something behind such messages from my subconscious.  If you don't, please don't spoil it for me.

Very nice day today.  We had brunch plans with some friends that fell through so the three of us ended up going out anyway. We were already dressed and had a gift certificate to a place right around the corner so why the heck not? It was nice to be out.

There was another woman without hair at brunch.  She had a hat on, but we all know that hats don't really hide anything.  I tried to catch her eye to offer a small smile, but she did not look in my direction.  That's ok.  Sometimes people don't want to connect, even on small levels. She had to have seen me though. It was a small restaurant, and I had nothing on my head.

After brunch, I took a 2-hour nap which was lovely.  I should have done some work during that time, but I really needed a bit more sleep so sleep it was. I still should do some work today, but I am also enjoying a bit of a lazy Sunday.

I took Henry to a playground after my nap, and he had a great time.  He is quite the climber.  I wore a hat at the playground but took it off for a brief moment at one point.  As soon as I did, A little boy (maybe 7-years old) screamed "OH MY GOSH THAT WOMAN DOES NOT HAVE ANY HAIR.  LOOK AT HER."  Out of the mouths of babes.  That little boy's mom is probably glad that she did not hear that as I am afraid that she would have melted through the bench that she was sitting on.  I am not bothered by such comments at all (especially from a child).  Maybe the boy did tell his mom about me on the drive home and was able to learn something.

Henry, "MOM, you didn't get your hug from me yet this morning."  Such a sweet boy...I love our weekend mornings together.

No comments:

Post a Comment