Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day 59 - Henry

I took Henry to get a haircut this morning at a place near our house.  I sat somewhat close to him while he was getting the cut but far enough away that I could just sit back and watch his interactions with the stylist.  The two of them had a nice chat about their favorite wild animals, pets, Easter, and favorite toys.  I overheard Henry telling the woman that we have one dog named J(essup) and our other dog Max is an angel now, that we don't have cats because I am allergic, and that Henry likes all animals but giraffes are "actually" his favorite.  The woman cutting his hair was utterly delighted by Henry, and I loved just watching his interactions with her and hearing what came out of his mouth.  It was really cute.

Post hair cut, he and I went to the grocery store to stock up for the week.  Henry's three-year old was really showing, and we had to have a few unpleasant chats in the store and in the car after.  We are working on him listening the first time.  It's hard for an energetic three-year old, but it is important to me.  He cried for a few, and we had a bit of a heart-to-heart on the drive home.  When I encouraged him to apologize to me, he said "those words can't come out of my mouth." Ok that was pretty cute in a bit of a pitiful way.

Late afternoon, we went out to Kiawah to spend the afternoon with my mom and Glen.  We mainly hung around and chatted, but Henry, my mom and I ventured out for a bike ride at one point.  I got ahead of them at one point and over heard Henry say "Nana, I have to go catch up with my best friend, Mom."  My best friend, Mom.  Now that makes up for previously mentioned infractions, and my heart melted when I heard him say that.  Adorable. We rode for nearly 2 miles, which is a lot for a small person.  He did a great job though, and it was fun to go for a little ride.

And finally, I finagled some rocking chair/snuggle time after we read books tonight.  It was the perfect way to end a fun day with my little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment