Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 74 - Mopey

I was a little bit mopey this morning.  My dad left around 9, and I was sad to see him drive away, and I was just inexplicably mopey for a good long time this morning.  I am not sure why, but I think that I am starting to get nervous about next week.  I am not sure what to expect with my new chemo, and the fear of the unknown is always hard for me.  I guess I will find out soon enough..Tuesday will be here before I know it.

Thankfully, I was able to snap out of whatever funk I was in, and I had a fun afternoon with Henry.  He and I met one of his friends from school at the children's museum downtown, and Henry had an incredible time.  It is so cute to see him play with this friend.  They really love each other, and it is fun to watch their interactions.  Our children's museum is not all that much to write home about, but we had not been in a while, and I appreciated it more this time than on previous visits.  It's small and very manageable, and there are a lot of opportunities for creativity and imagination.  Henry and his friend took advantage of almost all of them.

I had a great time talking to my friend while the kids played.  It helped to further snap me out of my mopes from earlier. 

Quick sidenote - with a few exceptions, I don't like to use other people's names on my blog without their permission. I feel like it is a violation of privacy so that is why I generally do not mention names.  Generally.

After H and I got home, we had a mighty thunderstorm.  I love thunderstorms.  There is something very awe-inspiring about them, and this was a good one.   The sky got black, the thunder boomed, and it rained very hard. We get a lot of thunderstorms in the south as the weather warms up, and I almost always enjoy them unless I get stuck out in one.

I spent a few hours getting some work done in preparation for the big show. Since I don't really know what to expect this week, I am trying to get a head of a few things in case I really feel dreadful or am unable to work during chemo on Tuesday due to my Benadryl cocktail and/or spotty wi-fi at the cancer center. 

As always, the weekend went by way too fast.  It was a great one, though.  I have big week ahead on many levels, and I will try to not let my nerves get the better of me. No promises, though, so sorry in advance, Mike.


No comments:

Post a Comment