Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Day 77 - Aware

Be aware of your body.  Note changes, discomforts, and things that just don't feel right.  I have a friend who recently found a lump in her breast and went directly to the doctor. The doctor did an ultrasound and told her "it's nothing."  She's seeking a second opinion, and I am so proud of her.  Proud of her for being aware, and proud of her for not accepting "it's nothing."  Statistically, it probably is nothing, but she needs to know for sure.  One never knows when he or she will be on the other side of a statistic.

Be aware.  Yell, kick and scream until you get the answers that you need and that make you comfortable. Enough preaching, but it is so important.

I am very happy to report that I feel better today than I did on day 2 after any of my AC treatments. My stomach is not perfect, but it is not NEARLY as bad as it was after previous treatments.  I actually ate a moderately well-balanced dinner which was never possible right after AC.

My main side effect (so far) is just extreme exhaustion.  I tried to combat that with a walk around the block during lunch and am sure to go to bed early tonight.  I was very wired last night so did not go to bed early enough, and I woke up several times during the night. These hot flashes are a real bear.  Covers on, covers off, covers on, covers off.  You get it.

Since my chemo ended so late in the day yesterday, I am not able to get my neulasta shot until tomorrow.  I am fine with that. I'll just go during my lunch break. 

I would also like to publicly thank everyone for reading about my nerves, mopey days, and about my tears.  I was so nervous, and, as predicted, chemo part 2 was not as bad as I had built it up to be.  The fear of the unknown really gets me sometimes.  I could still have some delayed side effects, but these past 24 hours have not been too bad.

I did decide today that I am going to take the day after chemo off for my last three treatments. I have been trying to save up my sick time for surgery, but it looks like my surgery recovery time will be pretty minimal, and I currently have 15 sick days accrued so I think that I can burn three to zonk out after treatment. My show will be over at the end of next week so I will be able to afford a little bit more time out of the office.

I did fine at work today and was able to concentrate better than after my AC treatments, but I am still going to give myself more of a break starting with the next round of chemo.  My body is working very very hard. 

Today was pretty good, all things considered.  I hope that the trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment