Thursday, June 4, 2015

Day 120 - Oh So Sleepy

I am utterly exhausted, and this round continues to hit me pretty hard.  I woke up around 6:30 this morning and promptly went back to sleep until about 11am after emailing my team at work telling them that I would be in late.  I felt like I needed to listen to my body today and need to give myself some more sleep.  I don't love taking more time off of work, but it was very necessary today.

Once I hauled myself out of bed, I ate a little something and took my meds, both of which made me feel a little bit better.  I anticipated feeling worse this time around due to the cumulative nature of chemo, but it is no less frustrating to not feel well.

My main side effects continue to be nausea and fatigue though my fingertips are slightly numb, and I hope that the numbness is short-lived.  This will all be in the rear-view mirror soon enough, and I look forward to that day.

The American Society of Clinical Oncology had their annual conference in Chicago last week, and there were a lot of sessions on TNBC during the conference.  I am glad to know that this particular type of breast cancer is so heavily-researched, and I am eager to see some of that research applied to the clinical setting.  Research moves slowly, but it seems that there is so much on the horizon that will benefit people like me.

Here's an interesting interview that Joan Lunden did with a researcher at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.  Joan is a TNBC survivor and is certainly working to increase awareness of TNBC.  I am grateful for her work and the work of all of those who are working toward a cure and an improved quality of life for those who are going through cancer treatments.

I officially stayed in my PJs all day..can't remember the last time that happened.  I did the best that I could today, and my best was pretty lame.  Onward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment