Friday, June 5, 2015

Day 121 - 9 Hours

I slept from 9:15pm-6:15am, and I feel so much better.  I got up with Henry this morning and gave Mike a few extra winks...a good sign that I am on the mend.  My stomach is still off, but it is much  better than it was yesterday, and I am not paralyzed with fatigue.  I am achy and my fingers have that familiar numbness, but I am feeling much better overall.

Henry's school was closed today for a teacher workday so Mike and Henry spent the day together running a few errands and picking up some things for Henry's birthday party that is taking place next weekend.  He will be 4 on Monday, and we decided to have his party the weekend after his birthday instead of the weekend before to give me some time to feel better.  I should be mostly (if not all the way) back to myself by next weekend.

I think I was, perhaps, a bit hard on myself in yesterday's blog post.  I didn't mean for it to come across that way, but I think that it did.  I am glad that I gave myself the extra hours to sleep yesterday and that I went to bed really early.  I'm just tired of not feeling well, and I think that was clearly demonstrated yesterday.  I know that I only have one more treatment and that my days of feeling like this are really limited, but it is hard to remember than and focus on it during the immediate post-chemo fog. 

I spent most of the day today crunching numbers for next year's big show.  I am putting in my budget wish list now in hopes of getting started with some new and fun ideas for the event. 

Our office shut down at 3pm today so I hit the bed and rested for a little while. Mike and Henry did yard work, and Henry played with his pal who lives next door.  I'll be in bed early again tonight..probably right after I take some meds at 9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment