Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 131 - Monday

In general, Mondays are a little bit tough, but they are way more hard after really fun weekends.  I found myself moving a little bit slowly this morning not quite wanting to let go of the weekend.  The Touhills departed at around 9 this morning, and Franklin and Mike went fishing so I was home by myself for most of the day.  I used to be home by myself every day during the week, but since Mike has been home more, I've gotten accustomed to a little bit of noise.  After the weekend, the quite house was almost too quite.  I got a ton of work done today though.

Mike and Franklin did not bring dinner home for us, but they did catch 5 small(ish) sharks that they released.  Mike also saw a giant loggerhead turtle while they were out in the ocean.  He said that they flew right past it and by the time they turned the boat around to get a better look, it had submerged.  Very cool, but goes to show how easily they can get injured by boats.  The pictures of the sharks that they caught were awesome. Mike even held one for the obligatory "look what I caught" photo before throwing it back into the ocean. 

I officially stopped wearing mascara today.  It's a shame, but there is no point in attempting to apply mascara to the few remaining eyelashes that I have.  They will be back just like the rest of my hair, and I will eagerly await their triumphant return. 

In better news, I am getting a new phone tomorrow.  I checked in with the IT manager at work to ask when I was going to be eligible for an upgrade, and the answer was "now."  I ordered the iPhone 6 and am excited to have a phone with (hopefully) better battery life than my old 5c.  It's been a good phone, but the battery goes from 100% to 40% overnight so it is time to move on.  I'll have to go pick up an new case for it.  I swear by the Otterbox cases.  They are worth every penny for someone who is not terribly kind to breakable things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment