Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Day 132 - Reflexology

I worked until noon today then took the afternoon off for some fun.  I met a friend for lunch then she and I had reflexology foot massages.  It felt really good (except for a few painful spots), and I almost fell asleep.  I wish that it lasted longer, and I will definitely go again.  My friend and I were sitting next to each other chatting then almost immediately fell silent when the massage therapists got started.  It was awesome.  I always enjoy the massage part of a pedicure, and this was like that on steroids.  So great.

After lunch and foot massages, I had an appointment with my therapist. I always walk out of her office feeling lighter and much better equipped to deal with my emotions.  She wants me to work on focusing on the present and to stop getting too far ahead of myself.  That is a bit of a tall order, but one that I will endeavor to fulfill.

We also talked about my last chemo and how I anticipate experiencing a lot of emotions on that day.  She was happy to learn that I have plans to celebrate the day and mark the accomplishment of getting through 4 months of chemo.  She also understands how/why I am feeling a little bit nervous and (strangely) sad about the day.  I don't really know how to explain the sadness other than Tuesday will mark the end of a chapter in my life that has become so important to me.  Of course, I never thought I would have such a chapter, but now that I have, it is extremely meaningful.  No doubt there will be more to say about that next week.

It was so nice to take some time for myself today and to enjoy the afternoon with a friend.  We all need some pampering and relaxation, and I need it now more than ever.  Wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment