Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 143 - Absorb

Believe it or not, there are still some days when I have trouble absorbing all that has gone on in the last 4, nearly 5, months.  Today was one of those days.  I wanted to have a "normal" Saturday, but that was just not possible.  It's pretty frustrating to not feel like myself for days at a time.

I slept until 9 then lounged on the couch for a little while.  I pulled myself together and took Henry out to pick up a birthday present for one of his friends.  That errand took almost all of my energy.

Mike took Henry to the birthday party to deliver said gift.  I felt horrible not going as those kinds of things usually fall within my jurisdiction.  There was just no way that I was going to Monkey Joe's today so I lounged on the couch and watched Orange is the New Black while they were gone.

I do feel much better today than I did yesterday.  I am still taking my anti-nausea meds, but my stomach is a lot better, and I was able to eat two whole meals of food (name that movie).   The aches and pains are very present, however.  I am taking Aleve and have the heating pad running pretty constantly.  The aches are from both the chemo and the Neulasta that I get after chemo. Both can cause joint, muscle and bone pain.  Navigating stairs is an arduous process right now, but it should be short-lived.

I hope to be able to take Henry to the neighborhood pool early tomorrow morning before it gets sunny and hot.  I should be able to manage that, and it may feel good to get in the pool for a little while.

For today, I will feel ok about at least getting out of the house and will look forward to feeling even better tomorrow.  Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment