Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day 140 - Peach Fuzz

Last week, I noticed that my scalp was a bit tender, much like it was when my hair started to fall out.  If I ran my hand over the few hairs that were on my head, it hurt a little bit.  I assumed that it was a sign that my hair was going to start growing back, and it IS!  I have some solid peach fuzz on my head now.  I've always had some stray hairs that did not fall out, but the new hairs cover much more of my scalp.  I am so excited.  I don't even care to have long hair again, but I would love some hair.  Just enough to make my hairstyle look intentional.

I didn't feel horrible today, but I didn't feel great either.  I would describe it as a solid medium.  My stomach is upset, but I can eat a little bit, and I am not too achy yet which is nice.  The aches usually come a day or two later.

I spent most of the day in bed watching TV and snoozing which was wonderful, but I did go to the doctor's office for some fluids and my neulasta shot at around 2pm.  I drove myself because Mike took Henry to the doctor to have his arm looked at.  The cast is officially OFF so we can resume normal summertime activities.  I am very excited about that.

I am still pretty emotional about yesterday in a good way.  It was such a big day for me, and I am overwhelmed by all of the support and love that poured out.  The word "meaningful" does not even  begin to describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment