Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 128 - Dreams

Whoa did I have some crazy dreams last night. I really only remember one of them though.  In my dream, my surgery and last chemo got scheduled on the same day so I had my lumpectomy then hightailed it (on foot in my hospital gown) to chemo.  I was having trouble finding my clothes so just went for it because I did not want to miss my last chemo.  I also remember my oncologist and surgeon coming to talk to me before surgery, and I told them both that I was expecting a PCR. It was a very strange and funny dream.

Henry woke up during the night and must have taken a while to fall back asleep because he slept until nearly 9:00 this morning.  That almost never happens.  When we realized that he was taking it easy this morning, we decided to just keep him home with Mike for the day.  I was going to pick him up early anyway so he and Mike had a guys day while I worked.  I did steal him during a quick lunch break to go to the party store to pick out balloons for tomorrow.  Henry's eyes lit up when we walked in there, and I think that he would have spent hours in the store if I let him.

Instead, we hustled through, ordered some balloons and picked out a button for him to wear on his shirt tomorrow.  Henry picked out a Transformers balloon so I guess his party will have a Transformers/firetruck theme.  This is me not being too controlling over this and letting him go with it.  Hard for me to do sometimes when I plan events for a living.  This is not an event, though. It's just a fun way to celebrate an awesome little boy.

Family started to arrive this afternoon, and we will have a fun weekend together.

I got a letter in the mail from my health insurance company notifying me that they are going to cover my taxol/carboplatin treatments.  Good thing since I only have one more to go.  Wonder why that letter took so long to get processed.  I maintain my gratitude for our really good health insurance.  I had no idea how important it would become to me, but goodness am I glad to have such excellent coverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment