Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 135 - Whoops

I wrote this whole long post yesterday and then hit "save" instead of "publish" before I shut my computer down for the night.  So sorry!  A lovely friend texted me to make sure that I am ok since I didn't write a post yesterday.  It is so comforting to have so many people looking out for me.

I plan to continue writing daily until my treatment is over at a minimum.  Even if I don't have much to say, I'll say something. 

I worked until 3pm today (Friday summer hours) then went downtown to pay my respects to the victims of Wednesday night's tragedy.  I took some flowers and placed them among the others that were there.  It was very emotional to see all of the tributes, and the tears flowed when I spotted a Father's Day balloon among the other items.  Several families will be mourning the loss of men in their lives instead of celebrating with them on Sunday.  There were many others in front of the church with me this afternoon, and we all just stood there in silence as we reflected on the atrocities that took place on the other side of those hallowed doors.

Another note about how great people here are - there were several groups walking around offering water to everyone who came to the church.  It is nearly 100 degrees here, and it was so thoughtful for people to have water available for the crowds.  It was also remarkable to see the news trucks set up near the church.  I've never seen anything like that and hope that I don't again as their presence signifies that something major has happened.

We do not have huge plans for the weekend.  I am going to go to the gym in the morning, and I don't expect it to be pretty.  I was tired after walking 2 blocks between the church and my car and back this afternoon so I don't expect much from the gym, but I miss going so I am going to go and do what I can.  It will be nice to have a few low-key days.

No comments:

Post a Comment