Monday, June 8, 2015

Day 124 - Four

I just can't believe that my baby is 4-years old today.  It seems like he was making his grand entrance into this world just yesterday.  I walked into Henry's room this morning to " Mom, I'm 4 now!"  He is really excited to be 4, and I know that it is going to be a wonderful year.  This may sound trite, but each year with that little boy keeps getting better.  His laughter is contagious, he caring nature touches my heart every day, and he's got such an incredible spirit.  I am so lucky to be his mom and to watch him grow up.  He is such a happy child, and that makes me so happy.

Henry was immediately showered with attention when he walked into school, and we've got plans for pizza, cake and presents this evening.  The Transformers balloon that was waiting for him this morning was a huge hit, and I have a feeling that there are many more gifts on tap for the week.  Henry is the only grandchild on both sides of our family so special occasions are well-celebrated for him.  As my Grandma recently said to me, "spoil the boy!"  She's right.

Each of Henry's birthdays has been marked with various emotions from me, and this year is no different.  My emotions are running high today because I am just so happy that he is my child and that we get to celebrate so many wonderful moments together.

A little sweaty, a little dirty, and a lot happy! 

Henry got a lot of presents today and was very eager to open them when he got home from school.  He is just starting to get into Legos (among a million other things) and was very happy to have some waiting for him when he got home.  Henry and Mike spent over an hour putting together a Lego firetruck, and he's got his eyes on a police station and some super heroes for tomorrow.  Very fun.

Here's to many many many many MANY more wonderful moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment