Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 144 - Pool

Henry and I made it to the pool this morning, and we had so much fun.  We rode our bikes over at around 8:30 this morning before it got too hot or sunny.  We were the only ones at the pool for the entire hour and a half that we were there, and it was awesome.  Henry jumped in about 30 times and practiced swimming from one side to the other (he's getting there with the swimming).  It was great.

After the pool, we came home and got cleaned up for brunch with some friends.  They had us over to their house and served up chicken and waffles, salad, bloody marys, mimosas, and cupcakes.  Delicious!  The company and the food were both incredible.  Henry made himself at home, as he tends to do, and rotated between hanging with the grown ups, playing with some toys that we brought over, and watching Netflix in the other room. It was a really wonderful way to spend the afternoon.

Post-brunch, H and I ran to Trader Joe's for some goodies since we were nearby, and we came home and relaxed for the rest of the day.

That was a fair amount of activity for me just coming off of not feeling so well, but I felt ok the whole time.  I was tired when we got home so parked it for a little while.

I wish that a picture of my new hair would do it justice, but it would not at this point.  It is really light-colored and too fine to really show up in a picture, but it is there!  Our friends even commented on it earlier.  I actually used a tiny bit of shampoo on it earlier (vs. the bar of soap), and I got clearance to start taking Biotin supplements to help it grow a bit faster.  The receptionist at my oncologist's office said that she and one of my nurses were talking, and they voted that I should keep my hair short once it grows back.  Perhaps I will.  Again, though, I'll just be excited for my hairstyle to look intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment