Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 127 - Henry's Card

I managed to write in Henry's birthday card today.  I was in a much more emotionally stable place than earlier in the week/over the weekend so figure it would be a good time to good time to do that.  I wrote on the front and back of the card as well as 5 index cards so clearly I had a lot to say.  The card is sealed in placed with the cards from his other birthdays.  I was not too weepy writing in the card, much to my surprise.  I wrote in my bubble/wave handwriting, and it takes up a lot of space, hence the 5 extra index cards.

I hope that he likes reading those cards one day.  I told him about all of the trips that we took since his 3rd birthday, told him about what he has enjoyed doing during the past year, and I told him about how awesome his laugh is.  He really has the best laugh.  Of course, there was mention (or more than mention) of my diagnosis as well as the other things that have gone on this year, but that was not the entire focus of the card, of course. 

We've got some family coming into town this weekend for Henry's birthday party so we are working on a few preparations for that.  Henry is SO excited about his Transformer's cake and birthday party.  It is really cute to hear him talk about it.

I took Henry to school today to meet his new teacher.  He will have the same teacher for the "summer session" as well as for the school's 4-year old program.  She has been in the toddler room at the school for the past few months and is ready to move onto the big kids.  She seems very nice, and I look forward to what she can teach Henry.

Today was an excellent day, and I continue to feel better and better after the last round of chemo.  Chemo is such a roller coaster with its crazy ups and downs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment